What are PRO Scholarships?
Each academic year PRO awards four scholarships. The scholarships are given to an outstanding and needy student at each of Peralta's four colleges. After an initial screening by each college to narrow the field of applicants, PRO members make a final selection. The scholarships are for a minimum of $750, the actual amount determined each year by the PRO Board depending on the level of contributions during the prior year. Funds are dispersed by the Peralta Foundation and are tax deductible to the extent allowed by law for charitable contributions.
How are PRO Scholarships funded?
The scholarships are funded by contributions from PRO members who may contribute "in honor of" or "in memory of" a former colleague or loved one, or "on the occasion of" a special event. PRO notifies the honoree or the family of the deceased that a contribution has been made and who the contributor is.
How can you contribute?
There are two ways that you can contribute to the PRO Scholarship Fund:
By Credit Card directly to the Peralta Foundation:
2. Indicate the amount of your contribution and indicate by using the drop down menu whether you want to contribute once or on a regular, more frequent basis (e.g., monthly, quarterly, etc.).
3. Use the drop down menu to indicate that your donation is for PRO - Peralta Retirees Organization
Note: This is a very important step. If you do not indicate that the contribution is for PRO, the funds will be used for general Foundation purposes.
4. You can then complete the "donate" form indicating if the contribution is "in honor of" or "in memory of" someone and if you want your name and/or the donation amount posted.
5. Click on the "DONATE" button. This will take you to the Network for Good's information page where you can provide the information they need to process your donation.
Note: PERALTA COLLEGES FOUNDATION has partnered with Network for Good to securely process your online credit card payment via Network for Good (tax ID 68-0480736).
6. Send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org and let PRO know about your contribution. Please include the amount and tell us who should be notified so that we can follow-up with the Foundation and send a notice to your honoree or the family of the deceased.
By Check to PRO:
2. Print the form and complete the requested information.
3. Make your check payable to: The Peralta Foundation - PRO
4. Mail your completed form and check to:
Thank you for your generosity!
Website designed and maintained by Bruce Jacobs